Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm a Little Shook Up

Well, it's been way too eventful for me today. Kind of embarassing the way it ended. But for starters Angela was hoping to go to the pool with her new friend and neighbor, Lizzy. I told her I didn't think we'd be able to go to the pool again today, since there was a lot to be done at the house and we had to leave at 3:45 to get Jeremiah to Potlatch to warm up for his first game of the tournament for his season end with Cal Ripken baseball. They wanted me to follow them with Angela and I would drop her off and she would stay with her family until I came back to get her. They weren't leaving right then and I wasn't feeling real well, so I told her I didn't want to have to get up and run her there whenever her friends decided to go to the pool. I needed to get some sleep before taking Jeremiah to the game and didn't want to have to worry about having to hop up and take her to the pool. And besides if they didn't go fairly early she wouldn't be able to go to the pool, because of the game. Anyway, after we got back home she said, "Well, maybe I can go with them. I'm going to go back over and play with Lizzy and see if I can." So, she went to play with her and never came back home. I figured she was just having a great time playing with Lizzy at her house. It came time to get her and go to the game. So, I headed over to their house and no one was home, so I thought, "Did she just go to the pool with them without talking to me about it again." Well, there was only one way to find out. We drove to the pool and Jeremiah went in to find her. Sure enough that's where she was. Boy, was she in big trouble, but I told her I'd talk to her dad first to decide what we were going to do about it. Luckily for her I'd forgotten my cell phone, so I had to go back home real quick anyway, so she was able to grab some clothes and change in the car. Jeremiah was already going to be late at this point. So, we went to the game and Josh and I decided that she would be grounded from playing with friends for 2 weeks, plus I got to have her ipod as well as the new ipod gift card that I won to begin with, but gave to her cause I didn't have an ipod. She'd already been warned that she was about to lose the ipod cause she'd been copping an attitude with me lately anyway. Complaining about how unfair everything is and begging me to let her do things and getting pissy at me when I'd already said no. She knows once I say no, to leave it alone, I'm not changing my mind. If I wasn't sure I'd say maybe or I'll think about it, but if I say no, I mean it. So needless to say she was already in hot water that way. As we were heading back to the car to leave the game (after they lost by the way. But they were playing a tough team and played hard.) she was telling me that it wasn't fair for her to lose her ipod. She was trying to negotiate her punishment. She wanted to trade the ipod for more time away from friends. I wasn't having it. She was also saying that I like Jeremiah better than her cause I was praising Jeremiah for some great plays he made in the game. He played exceptionally well, by the way. He hit singles both times at bat and caught a grounder at shortstop throwing to first base where they got an out. Actually that whole inning was great. We only threw three pitches and got all 3 of them out at first base. Great fielding by the boys! Anyway, I was a little distracted on my way back to the car and not really noticing where everyone else was parked and I backed right into someone parked behind me. Not even very close to me, but because I didn't look before I got in the car I didn't even notice there was a car parked back there. They were parked across the little roadway there parked by the railroad there in potlatch while I was pointed at the fields. They were parallel, so I backed into the passenger side door. I felt like such an idiot. Everyone was staring. I pulled back into the parking space I was in and someone had a pen and paper for me to write my name and number for them and I left it under the windshield wiper of their car. That was the embarassing part I was talking about. I'm terrible in parking areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment