Friday, December 18, 2009

Genesis 1:26

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Now, many of the policies in this country are trying to put animals in a position they don't belong in. They are treating them as either equals, or in some cases as higher than humans, but they're not! We are to rule over them. Now, does that give us the right to abuse them? Certainly not! I'm just against abusing animals as much as anyone else, but I don't think they should be as valuable or more valuable then humans. If my cat got a terminal disease I'd probably just have her put down. But I wouldn't do that if it was one of my children. I would look at and weigh all of our options and choose a good, aggressive treatment plan for him/her. What's the difference? I'm not going to make my family suffer financially over a cat, but my children are worth it. They are a higher value than my cat. I love my cat very much and I feed her and water her and I give her love and attention, just not at the expense of my children. If it came to that I would find another home for her. I would not neglect her or make her suffer further in any way. If I can't take care of her, I'll find someone who can. If she's ill and is probably going to die anyway, I believe putting her down is the most merciful thing I could do for her.

Now, this will probably be my last post in Genesis before the new year, since this is the last day of school for my kids, before break. I'll probably be on here a few times to update you on the holiday happenings, but no more in Genesis for now. We'll pick it back up in January.

Lord, help us to keep the right balance in knowing how far to go in caring for animals. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
The Paparazzo's (Shellie, Josh, Jeremiah, Angela, Chloe, and Jewel...the cat)

No comments:

Post a Comment