Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prequil To The Ladies' Retreat

Okay, backtracking a little! I wanted to explain why our ladies retreat was called "Mythbusters." The theme was "Mythbusters: Exposing The Lies, Embracing The Truth." If I'm remembering correctly. So the idea behind the "words of affirmation" bags was "mythbusting." Learning positive truths about ourselves! Yay!!

And I also wanted to explain about the snowflakes. We had cut out snowflakes, snowflakes on our nametags, and snowflake rubber stamps. I went with the snowflake rubber stamps after my first hideous cut out. I also used glitter glue to try and make them real pretty and sparkly! I love sparkles! I'll bet that doesn't surprise those of you who know me well! Anyway, I've gotten off track. Of course, there were snowflakes outside, too! Yay!!! The reason they went with snowflakes is because snowflakes are beautiful and each one is unique, just like us! I thought that was cool!

I'd write more about my weekend, but my daughter's at home with a hurt toe and we need to go to the store in a few minutes, so I'm a little distracted. So, I'll see you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a great theme! I'm hoping to start "Lies Women Believe" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would be awesome! There's a Jennifer Rothschild study dealing with this issue that is good as well. Did this one through the LPM blog 2 summers ago! Very good! Can't remember what it was called though.

    ReplyDelete