Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Genesis 1:1

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.



Now, my plan is to lead you through Genesis all the way through chapter 11. For now I do not plan to use any other books besides the bible for my inspiration. Probably some of that comes from stuff I have read or studied in the past that relates to the subject matter, but I am not going to quote directly from other sources. At least that's my intention for now. Of course, on this blog there will be posts in between about what my family is doing. I will not neglect that purpose for this blog. I just would like it to be more and encourage you all in your faith. I do not know that I will do it one verse at a time, but if it happens that way, hey, we only have the rest of our lives to learn more about God. I just feel that verse 1 of Genesis chapter 1 is a loaded verse all by itself. I probably won't even be able to tell you all that I see in this verse in one post, but I will cover what I can. I will not continue discussing this verse after this post. I will continue on to the rest of the chapter.



So, let's get started:



First of all, In the beginning God...



We learn here that God was in the beginning. In fact, I have been reminded a lot lately that God is the only person or thing that has no beginning and therefore will have no end. At least that's how I see it. Everything that has a beginning has an end, and since God has no beginning He will have no end. Even our earth will have a beginning and no matter what we do to try and save it, it WILL have an end. There's something to think about as you consider where to invest your time and money and other resources.



Now, for the next part, created the heavens and the earth.



Wow! He created it! All of it! None of it was here. As we stare into the heavens, God created all of that, and as we look at the earth, He created all of that, too, out of nothing. Nothing! Any of you ever created something out of nothing. Even if you've had children, you started with you and your husband. It wasn't out of nothing. It came from already established DNA that God already created. He started with NOTHING but He Himself. No artist in the world has anything on God! He's the ultimate Artist! The Artist to begin all art. Think about it. Even the art others create was inspired by something He created!

Just this one verse makes me want to want to dig deeper! You, too? We truly do serve an awesome God!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think these are great posts! Keep up His good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kris! You're awesome! I feel like some of them present more questions than answers, but I suppose that can be good too. Get people curious to want to find out more for themselves.

    ReplyDelete