Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kids School Open House and Book Fair

I hope you all enjoyed my recent post. I hope it gave you something to think about. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I'm sure my head feeling three times too big for my body when I wrote it didn't help. I need to work on my thoughts on that subject some more so I can come up with something that could be publishable.

In case you hadn't figured it out I'm getting over a cold. I enjoyed the Open House at my childrens' school. Also, the book fair they had at the same time. We met Angela's twin, a cardboard cutout of herself with measurements and all. Also, some wonderful artistic crafts by Chloe with the highlight being a rather decorative cat. Jeremiah had, of course, lots of good grades on all of his papers. Although, I could definitely see some room for improvement. Both girls will be in the Title I reading program this year. I also met Chloe's new Special Ed. teacher. She is wonderful and of course, loves my little Chloe. She's got some wonderful new ideas about how to help Chloe learn to read. It should be a good year.

At the book fair I got some incredible deals on books me and the kids agreed on. Disney's version of "A Christmas Carol" (not the movie, the book), Prince Caspian from The Chronicles of Narnia, and a book about Demi Lavoto and Selena Gomez, two pop stars that my daughter is really into.

We took lots of pictures, since Josh was unable to make it to the open house and got to bring Angela's "twin" home. Oh, and Jeremiah's shield of virtues. Did you know that baseball is a virtue? Apparently it is in Jeremiah's world!

No comments:

Post a Comment