Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Genesis 1:4-5

Genesis 1:4-5

God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day", and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning-the first day.

I wish I had included this with my last post, so we could be done with light. I'm much more familiar with darkness. Is anybody else ready for daylight savings time to end? It's very hard to get up in the morning with it being so dark. There's a reason why God called the light "day", and the darkness, "night." We're supposed to sleep when it's dark! I also find it interesting that He made a point of saying that there was evening and morning the first day. After all, everybody makes a big deal about whether or not He's talking about a literal day. I think this is trying to make it obvious that it was ONE actual literal day. The man with the pen may not have known that it would become an issue, but God knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment