Monday, March 22, 2010

Genesis 2:10-14

Genesis 2:10-14

A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

I'm so glad he told us about the rivers and I'm especially glad that he mentioned the wonderful elements for making jewelry. I'm sure that's why he mentioned them, really. I hope one of those things had something to do with diamonds! I haven't received many diamonds recently, but I love my diamonds, all of which I got from my husband. Why have I not received any diamonds recently? I don't know. Something about the economy and bills and whatever excuse my husband is making now. (Really, I'm kidding. I know times are tough.)

But the rivers. I love rivers. Unlike my husband I'm quite content to watch it from beside the river. I have no desire to climb in a raft and go flying down it with water splashing all over me and getting in my face and, God forbid, that I should actually fall in the water! I am terrified of water. Something I didn't acknowledge until a couple of years ago when I admitted that I'm afraid to put my face in the water. It makes me feel panicky, like I'm never going to breathe again. I hate it! So know, I do not want to go whitewater rafting. My husband and my son absolutely love it. Why, I will never understand, but they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment