Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Genesis 1:24-25

Genesis 1:24-25

And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Now, I really don't care too much for the "creatures that move along the ground", but I love all the other creatures that God created! Although, hippos aren't all that attractive. What in the world was God thinking when he created those? Have you ever seen one in real life? They're hideous. I don't know why they bother with them at zoos. You'd think they'd be detrimental to their numbers! Nobody wants to see that. Especially not after lunch! I did noticed something interesting just now for the first time that I'd never seen before, that I find a bit odd. Maybe it's just me, but did God just say to "Let the land produce" these things. Are you picturing apes and giraffes, and cows and sheep, and snakes just suddenly growing out of the ground like I am? Some deer and elk maybe? It was a quite a funny picture in my mind. You have to wonder what it looked like. Did they just suddenly appear? Or did they literally grow out of the ground like a flower only a lot faster to where you could actually see it growing? Or did it just pop out of the ground like I pictured earlier? I have to admit the growing out of the ground picture in my mind was even stranger than the first. Maybe I'm just weird to wonder about these things, but I like wondering about the things no human has ever seen with their own eyes.

By the way, I have one of those lovely creatures that God created. A cat named Jewel, and I love her very much. I'm glad God created her. I thought I had four before we got her, but they tell me they're human, which we'll talk about in the next post. I think I'm glad God created them, too. Sometimes, I have my doubts, like when they try to ride their new electric scooter through the house at 15 miles an hour, thinking I won't notice. That's another story for another time. Anyway, I love giraffes. They are just so surprisingly graceful with those long necks and spindly legs. They are amazing creatures. Have you ever seen one drink. They have to spread their legs way out, even with those long necks. They are incredible creatures! What a mind to think that up! That is amazing! There are a lot of other creatures I love as well, but the giraffe has to be my favorite. Of course, I love deer and elk as well, but mostly on my dinner plate! I would love to here about any of your favorite creatures and what you love about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment