Friday, December 10, 2010

Jeremiah's Court of Honor and The Final Segment From My First Draft



These are some pictures from Jeremiah's last Court of Honor for Boy Scouts. I'm trying to catch you all up on our pictures, since I haven't done this in a while.

As far as my book goes, I have finished the first draft. I'm going to completely change the format for the second draft, so some of it I will be completely rewriting. I will copy and paste the last segment for you here.

1 Corinthians 16:19-24


The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does the church that meets at their house. All the brothers here send you greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss.


I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand.


If anyone does not love the Lord-a curse be on him. Come, O Lord!


The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.


My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen.


Again, Paul is showing his love for the Corinthian church. Also, apparently many others know them, or at least of them, and love them, as well. Now, verse 22 is a bit troublesome to people, but really it is just expressing the truth that those who do not love God are already cursed. They will be separated from us and from God in the end, unless their hearts change to loving God. And I think Paul is just expressing that very forcefully, so they understand that they are separate from others. That is basically what the commentary in my bible says. And, as always, he ends his letter by sending them love.


Prayer:

“Lord, help me to always love the church. In Jesus' Name. Amen.”

It's short and sweet. And don't make me lecture you all about not commenting! If I wanted to write and write and write with no interaction, I'd just continue writing my book in my word processing program and ignore all of you! So comment PLEASE!

2 comments:

  1. your cute! glad you keep plowing through your book.
    I am sorry I haven't called you back yet, I would right know but I am babysitting and it seems if I get sidetracked for more that 2 minutes a little munchkin gets into something she shouldn't. I will try to call next week. have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're good, Stace. I've been so busy, I forgot that I'd actually called you! It was neat getting to say hi to your mom, though!

    ReplyDelete