Friday, October 15, 2010

Jeremiah Home and More Scout Stuff

Yay! My son's home from camp! Unfortunately, as soon as we got home from school and running errands Josh took him away to work at Camp Grizzly and then to sell popcorn. Tomorrow they're going to Trailer Blazer Days....again a Boy Scout thing! What is it with this family and scouting? You'd think we got some sort of a paycheck from them or something?! LOL! Really we loved Scouting before this, that's why me and my husband decided this was a good career move. Definitely a career we can feel good about at the end of the day! Of course, there are the insane and really odd hours, which is why it took a lot of prayer to make this decision. We definitely had to be willing to make some sacrifices to make it work! It had to be His Will and Josh had to have my support or it would never work! I knew that I wanted to support him, but wasn't sure if I was ready to handle the stress of it all yet. Even a year earlier than when he took this job, it would have never worked. I was still too deep in depression to handle things at home when he's not home for days at a time to help. Once even for two weeks! Boy was I happy when he came home! I don't know how military families do it! I don't think they do if they have a family member like me! I should remember this, though, when I get down on myself for still struggling sometimes. Obviously God has done some amazing work in my life! I've got a long ways to go, but I can't think about that or I'll get upset with myself again, for not being perfectly happy all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment