Monday, September 21, 2009

The Latah County Fair

Oh, man!! What a weekend. I took the girls to the fair on Saturday and spent 20 dollars in like 5 seconds! Okay, so that's not completely accurate but it seemed like it. If I'd have bought them all the tickets they wanted at the carnival it would have been accurate. They both went on one ride. Angela got to go on one with 2 of her very best friends from school. They had an elephant ear and I had some Nachos. Not the best Nachos I've ever had, but they'll do. There were a ton of them and since I'd already had lunch I felt like I was going to explode! But it would be totally wrong to leave the fair hungry, right! To think that the kids wanted to go on more rides after that! I DON'T THINK SO! I really didn't want to wear their elephant ear anymore than they wanted to be wearing my nachos (Oooooh, pretty colors!). They just didn't know it. Good thing for the wisdom of mom. They saw all kinds of cute animals, held their city slicker noses and said very loudly, and embarrassingly, to this ranch girl, "EW! It stinks in here!" I laughed at them. And that was just the sheep barn! They were real impressed with the swine barn! They also got all kinds of free pens, pencils, crayons, coloring books, and other stuff we'll never have any use for and will be spread all over the house in a week and soon after that in the trash can.

The next day we went to church and then I took Angela to her friend Maggie's house. Then, I drove Jeremiah and Chloe to the fair, since Jeremiah had gone hunting with his dad the day before and hadn't gotten to go. We did basically, the same things, except instead of Elephant Ears and Nachos, we did pretzels and Nachos (I really like Nachos). Also we saw more of the non-animal exhibits. Jeremiah had a few friends who'd entered some things. Plus, Jeremiah almost convinced me to buy a guinea pig. Good thing they were just plain black, so not all that impressive and logic took over. I looked in there and imagined what our large cat, Jewel, would do when she saw the nice rat-looking creature. Bye-Bye guinea pig! See you on the other end when we clean the litter box! Yeah, REALLY expensive cat food! I don't think so.

When Angela came home from Maggie's house, she informed me that she threw up twice at her house and then proceeded to throw up at our house. She'd also fallen asleep watching tv at Maggie's house. Not normal for her. She never takes naps, so I knew despite the fact that she said she was fine, she wasn't. She slept the whole time after she got home after she got done with the porcelain god in the bathroom. She threw up in the night as well. This morning she seemed a lot better, but she got sick after lunch and called me, so I had to go get her. I hope she's better tomorrow. It's school picture day!

No comments:

Post a Comment