Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bridge Bible Fellowship

We went to church at The Bridge for the first time for Sunday morning services. People talked to us there and were happier to see us than anyone at the church we are members at ever were. Oh, they liked seeing me before I started going to recovery meetings. When they found out that I was not who they thought I was. In there case, most of them, anyway, truly didn't like me wheb they found out who I really was. Others outside the church and from other churches liked me better when I became authentic. I have found other ministries at The Bridge to be so much more authentic than everything else I had experienced. It only took us this long for us to go to church there, because Josh was stuck on our church and there are a lot of people we will miss, but we never developed close relationships with people there, because they didn't want to know us that well. We make them uncomfortable and they really like to stay in their comfort zones. I want to do real ministry and I see it happening at The Bridge and that's where I want to be. No, they don't have as pretty of a building or a large budget. They don't have a state of the art sounhd system. But they're making a difference in people's lives and that's what matters. That doesn't seem to matter much where we've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment