Sunday, February 1, 2009

My first blog

Well, this is my first blog. I always wondered how to do this. I'm a stay-at-home mom, mother of 3. My kids all go to school at Moscow Charter school here in Moscow, Idaho. Jeremiah is in 4th grade and loves to play the guitar. He's only been playing for a couple of months but he loves it.

Angela is in the 2nd grade and wants to be a cheerleader. She may be going to a cheerleading camp starting tomorrow after school if we can afford it and I can get her there.

Chloe is in Kindergarten for a second year, but she's very smart. Just extemely attention deficit. She's doing very well now that she is in special ed. And the little bit of speech therapy she's had so far is doing wonders. She corrects our grammar all the time. As soon as I get some pictures downloaded onto my computer I'll put some on here. She is adorable. With her daddy's curls and her aunts platinum blonde hair. Her sister's lovely too. She has gorgeous thick honey blonde hair and big blue eyes. They both have the big blue eyes. Their daddy is scared to death cause he knows all too well how the boys are going to think they're in love at first sight when these girls are teenagers. I'm shocked that he's going to allow Angela to wear one of those really short cheerleader skirts. I'm sure he's going to be scouring the crowd and glaring at any boy who is watching her. Let's pray that's all he does!

Josh is my adorable husband. He works for Comcast Spotlight. They do advertising on cable television. He's starting working out a lot and feels really good already. He finally found a lifting partner to go to the gym with. I work out at home and have to admit I'm not very consistent about it. But I don't like people watching me work out. I'm very self-conscious about that.

We are all devoted to Christ and desire to serve him. I love to write and have no idea where that will take me. I have a heart for Christian women. Right now I am teaching children at Celebrate Recovery here in Moscow. That's another thing. I supposedly have the gift of teaching, but I have never successfully taught children and yet that always seems to be what I end up doing wherever I am. I find this group of children particularly challenging. They're not bad kids. They're just different then what I'm used to. They weren't raised there whole lives in church, most of them, so they haven't gotten church etiquette down to a science like my kids have and most of the kids I've taught in the past. But what a wonderful opportunity to touch these young lives. The more I think about it the more I think I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. And I'm helping their parents to be able to work on their recoveries while I take care of their children.

I am also involved in recovery. I only teach the children once a month, so I go to the adult groups the rest of the time. I have struggled in the past with drugs, alcohol, sexual addictions galore, etc. The list is endless. I have a very rebellious personality, so most self destructive patterns you can think of I've probably done at some point if only for a short while. I'm on a good track now, having finally figured out that Jesus Christ really does want what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment