Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hunter Safety

I took my son to his hunter safety course today. Josh usually takes him, but he's teaching a model rocketry class through Parks and Rec. His class met tonight. So he took the girls to Model Rocketry with him and I went with Jeremiah to his class. All 9 and 10 year olds have to have a parent with them. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind, but it was actually kind of interesting. They were talking about being an ethical hunter tonight. There's a lot of unethical hunters out there that give the sport a bad name. They learned that they need to be respectful not only of other hunters, but non-hunters as well. About how Fish and Game was put together by hunters originally, to safeguard hunting and make it safe and give everyone a fair chance. And also to protect the wildlife, so each species continues. Don't want to kill too many because then there won't be enough next year. But, unfortunately there are a lot of hunters who break those laws and just do things that are not necessarily illegal, but just not very respectful. For those of you that don't hunt, please don't hold that against people like my husband, who is very respectful of everyone else and does respect the animals, believe it or not. And there are many other hunters who do as well. Like I said, hunters actually were the ones who put together the set of hunting laws we have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment