Thursday, April 14, 2011

Radio Flyer

I think this picture to the left is supposed to look like they had just slid down the slide! It's laughable, because looking at it now, it's kind of obvious that they couldn't possibly have all went down that slide at the same time!!! They couldn't go down the slide because it had been really rainy and the slide was soaked. They had to climb up the ladder and then climb back down the ladder. I threatened them within an inch of their lives if they went down that slide! We did not have time to change their clothes before we needed to be leaving for Athol, where our friends that we were visiting live! Okay, now the picture below is the picture of the whole thing, the Radio Flyer! I remember seeing this for the first time as far as I can remember, when I was there on my honeymoon! I was 22 years old, and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen in my life! It was like I was six years old again, seeing one of my favorite toys blown up so huge!!! And with a slide for the handle! Are you kidding me! You better believe I went down it! I think I did! I remember wanting to! I think there were a bunch of kids there at the time and we decided I really shouldn't join all the little kids on the Radio Flyer. I may have felt six years old, but it was pretty obvious to all of their parents that I wasn't six, you know what I mean? They might have been a little disturbed by that, so I didn't do it, I don't think. But in my mind I did. My six-year-old self was on that slide! Throwing my arms in the air and yelling wheee! The whole thing. I'm smiling to myself, just thinking about it right now. You know what? I just realized something when I wrote about the handle being a slide. They're not pretending that they actually did go down it. They're pretending to pull it with the handle! Now, I remember! I'm sorry, I think I'm just too sanguine to remember much of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment