Thursday, November 19, 2009

Genesis 1:14-19

Genesis 1:14-19



And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights-the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the fourth day.



So, He separated the day from the night, so I wouldn't get confused about what day it is. Too bad it didn't work. I require a calendar and someone better be crossing out each day as it passes or I might still get confused! I decide what season it is based on whether I'm covered in fleece to stay warm or only a thin sheet when I wake up in the morning. Right now it's definitely fleece! Brrrr! I'm thankful for the light, though. It's very hard to function early in the morning when it's so dark. It gets much easier when the light He created so beautifully for us rises in the sky. And I like the moon and the stars. They are beautiful and they really help when we have to leave the house at night. Otherwise it would be very hard to be able to see my way to the car. And again, all in one day. Wow! I consider it a good day if I get a few loads of laundry in! It's even better if all the laundry has been folded and put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment