Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Harried Lives!

Okay, my dear friends. I know I haven't been in the best mood lately, but I do get upset by the expectations of others for me to be the average American Christian woman, and judging me for not being that and I've experienced a lot of that lately. Plus I've been trying to quit drinking soda which doesn't help. I'm struggling with how to tell a dear friend that I can't be as consistent about doing something she challenged me to try because it takes too much time to get my supplies each week and my family just doesn't have that kind of time. I know she's going to say, "What, you don't have time to be healthy?" which always makes me feel like the most horrible person on the planet. But you know what, no, I don't. A lot of people don't. After all, do any of us really eat processed food because we actually think it's healthy. No, I think the majority of Americans know that it's not healthy and yet most of what we eat is processed food, because it's quick and we are always in a hurry. We live in a society that forces us to be that way. I mean, some put it on themselves by putting too high of expectations of themselves and giving in to the pressures of others, but we do live in a society that since they're all running, we have to run to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment