Friday, January 29, 2010

Genesis 1:29-30

Genesis 1:29-30



Then God said, "I give every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it-I give every green plant for food." And it was so.


What? Only vegetables and fruits! This would totally drive me crazy! I am a meat eater. No dead animal on my plate, not a real meal. I suppose if I didn't know any different it probably wouldn't bother me, but I have and it does. I tried being a vegetarian once just to see if I could. I didn't even make it a week. I'm not a rabbit. I'm a people. I eat meat. I walked into a pizza place and smelled the pepperoni, if you're wondering what did me in. Some people think that we won't eat meat in the kingdom, largely due to this and another passage in the bible, but it never says we won't eat meat outright, so I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment